Attendees to AOS 2019 are entitled to a 5% discount off Alaska Airlines published fares (except companion and other promotional fares). There are no blackout dates.
To use the AOS 2019 Discount Code, go online to alaskaair.com and input the Discount Code when searching for flights. The discount will be applied to any flights meeting the contract parameters. By clicking the “?” next to the discount code box after entering the code you may view a detailed description of the rules. You may also use the Discount Code by calling the Alaska Airlines Group desk at 1-800-445-4435 (note: $15.00 per person ticketing fee will apply to any tickets issued by the Group Desk).
Discount Code: ECMZ939
Meeting Name: American Ornithology 2019
Departure Cities: Any Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air US, Canadian or Mexican city
Meeting City: Anchorage, Alaska
Not Included: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and Costa Rica
Beginning Travel Date: June 21, 2019
Last Travel Date: July 1, 2019
Blackout Dates: None
Check Alaska Airlines current baggage allowances and fees as well as travel policies on Baggage policies | Alaska Airlines prior to travel. As with any bookings with Alaska Airlines, changes or cancellation after ticketing is subject to a service charge. All fare rules and additional blackout dates of the fare apply.
TAXI – a variety of local taxi companies operate in Anchorage.
Uber and Lyft are both available in Anchorage.
Rental cars available at the airport and other locations in Anchorage.
Anchorage City Bus (The People Mover)
Plan your trip, routes and fees
For shuttles around town or to/from the airport:
- Alaska Railroad: 20% discount on all Adventure Class (coach) rail cars for all AOS attendees and travel companions before or after the conference (details). The Alaska Railroad offers spectacular trips both north and south from Anchorage through some amazing roadless wilderness areas!
- Salmon Berry Travel & Tours: 10% discount on any day tour for AOS attendees and travel companions in conjunction with the conference. Enjoy spectacular wildlife, glaciers, culture, and scenic beauty in and around Anchorage with personal, experienced tour guides in a small-group setting. Check out the many day tours available at https://www.salmonberrytours.com/tours/category/day-tours. Contact Candice directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your discounted tour.
- Major Marine Tours: 20% discount on 6-hour Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise on June 29, 2019, for all AOS attendees and travel companions. Experience the spectacular beauty of Alaska’s glaciers, wildlife, and scenery. This cruise departs from the beautiful harbor town of Seward, a 2.5-hour drive south of Anchorage. Transportation options available. Book by April 1st to receive this discount: https://majormarine.com/aos/.
- Great Alaskan Holidays: $150 of savings vouchers for various amenities associated with rental of a motorhome (3-day minimum rental required). Extend your stay before or after the conference to experience the beauty of Alaska at your own, independent pace, and take advantage of the multitude of RV parks and campgrounds available in spectacular wild settings of interior and south-central Alaska. Use promo code CONVENTION when booking online: https://www.greatalaskanholidays.com/alaska-rv-rentals/conventions/.
- Kenai Fjords Tours: 20% discount on any of the cruises into Kenai Fjords National Park from now until July 10, 2019, for all AOS attendees and travel companions. Kenai Fjords National Park is a paradise for our local birds and there are dozens of species that can be seen! This cruise departs from the beautiful harbor town of Seward, a 2.5-hour drive south of Anchorage. If you missed booking on our AOS-sponsored train/cruise field trip (#6) and wish to join the group, you can book the cruise independently if there is still room (6-hr cruise leaving at 11:30 am from Seward). Book this or any cruise directly on Kenai Fjord Tours’ website and use the Promo Code AOS to receive the discount: http://www.kenaifjords.com.
Information on ride sharing is coming soon.